Barry Getz is a registered physiotherapist who graduated from the University of Pretoria in 2000. He is a partner in the practice Leicher, Speechly, Davidson & Partners Physiotherapy that has branches at The Centre for Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics in Rosebank, Jhb and at Linksfield Orthopaedics, Sport & Rehabilitation Centre, Linksfield Clinic.
He has been practicing Sports & Orthopaedic Physiotherapy at The Centre for Sports Medicine & Orthopaedics since 2001. During this time Barry has been affiliated with the treatment and rehabilitation of numerous International and local sporting athletes & teams.
Barry has also been involved as a physiotherapist to the following sports teams:
- Angolan Football Association (National Physiotherapist, 2013)
- International Rugby teams: South Africa, France, Australia, and Wales
- Numerous PSL Football teams and Super 15 & Super 18 rugby teams
Barry’s main focus is the lumbo-pelvis-hip complex & lower limb injuries, with a special interest in the hip, groin, knee and Achilles tendon.
Over the past sixteen years he has established an accelerated Achilles tendon repair protocol, Involved in an International Study on Effectiveness and Safety on Achilles tendons and established principles for hip and groin rehabilitation following surgical intervention. He has published and presented both internationally and locally.
Barry is an active member of:
- Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- South African Society of Physiotherapists (SASP)
- The International Society for Hip Arthroscopy (ISHA)
- The South African Hip Arthroscopy Society (SASHA)
- The South African Sports Medicine Association (SASMA), for which he is accredited as a Sports Physiotherapist
- Current Region Chairman for the Gauteng Central area