David Leicher is a registered physiotherapist, who graduated from The University of the Witwatersrand in 1990 and went on to received his honours in Sports Science at the University of Cape Town in 1992.
He has been in practice for the past 25 years and has been involved as head physiotherapist to the following sports teams:
- South African national men’s football side
- United Arab Emirates national men’s football side
- South African Men’s hockey team
- Highveld Lions cricket side
- Lions Super Rugby and Currie Cup sides – where he held the post for 16 years
Over the past 25 years David has treated and rehabilitated athletes from all levels of sport, focusing on soft tissue and orthopaedic injuries.
David is a member of:
- The Heath Professional Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- The South African Society of Physiotherapy (SASP)
- The South African Sports Medicine Association (SASMA)
- David Leicher is an honorary lecturer for the University of the Witwatersrand Physiotherapy department