M.D. School of Medicine, University of Zagreb , Croatia, 1989
FCS (SA) Orth WITS University, South Africa, 1998
MMed (Orth) WITS, WITS University, South Africa, 2000
PhD (Med) WITS, WITS University, South Africa, 2009
“Dr. M. Jakupcevic” Foundation Award
for the best student paper in 1988/89 year in the field of the Clinical medical science Faculty of Medicine University of Zagreb
“Mannie Lunz Prize”
for Orthopaedic Registrars awarded to the orthopaedic registrar who has presented at the a meeting or had published the best paper based on original research who has contributed academically to the department of Orthopaedic Surgery and who has excelled as a doctor. The Faculty of Health Science University of the Witwatersrand, 18 February 1997.
“MATHYS South Africa (Pty) Limited – Orthopaedic Price”
awarded to the best orthopaedic registrar in the Johannesburg Group of Teaching Hospitals who is deemed to have contributed most to the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, for academic achievement and for clinical excellence, 24 February 1999.
MMed (Orthopaedic Surgery) Degree
Research thesis: Do African Children with Slipped Capital femoral epiphysis Have metabolic bone disease? Protocol accepted by Postgraduate Committee, 27 November 1997.
Graduation, 27 June 2000
Philosophy Doctor (PhD) in Orthopaedic Surgery.
Research thesis: South African experience with cross-linked ultra high molecular weight polyethylene in total hip arthroplasty. No.: 95-00218/P, Ethical Clearance certificate: M03-04-05. Protocol accepted by Postgraduate Committee, October 2003.
Graduation, 25 June 2009
Wits University and Sandton Medi – Clinic Johannesburg Arthroplasty Unit Dr F.A. Weber – Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Fellowship.
1. January 1999. – 31. December 1999.
- SAOA – South African Orthopaedic Association
- COTA – Croatian Orthopaedic and Traumatology Association
- SASAKOS – South African Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- SAAS – South African Arthroplasty Society
- AAOS – American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons – affiliated international member
- AOAA – AO Alumni Association
- ISHA – International Society for Hip Arthroscopy
- President Elect for International Society for Hip Arthroscopy (ISHA)
- Active member of:
- International Society for Hip Arthroscopy (ISHA)
- South African Society for Hip Arthroscopy (SASHA)
- Past Chairman of South African Society for Hip Arthroscopy (SASHA)